Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Code Help for naming a worksheet tab

This code works fine with one exception. I only name the new tab with a date
and time stamp. In a cell "U2" the user selects shift too. What I would like
if for the code to read both the Date and the cell "U2" shift to name the new
tab. So end state I would see a tab named like this (01-01-2009 Shift 3) is
there any way to add that to this code. I hope this is enough information.

Thanks!

Sub SaveSheet()
SaveSheet Macro
Sheets("DDS").Select
Sheets("DDS").Copy Befo=Sheets(3)
Sheets("DDS (2)").Select
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("B1").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Sheets("DDS (2)").Select
Sheets("DDS (2)").Name = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss")
Range("B1").Select
Sheets("DDS").Select
Range("B1").Select

Thank you for your time!
John

--
Thank you for your time!
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheets("DDS (2)").Name = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd") & " " & Range("U2")

OR

Sheets("DDS (2)").Name = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss") & _
" " & Range("U2")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Very Basic User" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much it works like a chart!
--
Thank you for your time!
John

"Very Basic User" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Jacob Skaria,

One other quick question. The top line you suggested works great, but I'm
wondering if we can make a slight change. I tried the following.

Sheets("DDS (2)").Name = Range("U1") & " " & Range("U2")

I did this because U1 represents the date and U2 represents the shift. The
only problem is that There are times that I have to change U1 to a date from
the day before and when my tab is named it pulls the "Now" date versus the
date I'm actually working on. So I need to format the U1 cell in a way that
will be an acceptable tab name without the "/" marks etc. I don't want to
change the appearance of the worksheet, but want the tab to be named as
11-Nov-09 Shift 1 format. Is there any way to update the code above to change
a date format to an acceptable tab name but pull the date listed versus the
"now" date?
--
Thank you for your time!
John