becky

Default Converting Lotus 123 to Excel

Why when I convert a spreadsheet from Lotus 123(yes I know a very antiquated
program that my company still uses) to Excel the date must be entered like a
formula =date(year,month,day) or =date(3,8,7). If you enter it as 08/07/03
then it comes up as 01/00/00. Can anyone help me to correct this issue?

Thanks
--
bb

Gordon

becky wrote:
Why when I convert a spreadsheet from Lotus 123(yes I know a very
antiquated program that my company still uses)

there are happily still many users who would dispute the tag of
*antiquated* - Lotus can do most things that Excel does (with the exception
of Pivot tables) and in some cases is actually *better* than Excel.

to Excel the date must
be entered like a formula =date(year,month,day) or =date(3,8,7). If
you enter it as 08/07/03 then it comes up as 01/00/00. Can anyone
help me to correct this issue?

Thanks

Terry_BWL

Gordon, I still use Lotus and just save as an Excel file when I need to send
to an Excel only user. I am still wondering why Excel only sorts on three
columns. There are many things I like better about Lotus and it's ease of
use.