Glen Davis Jr.

Default Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

We have spreadsheets on our intranet Sharepoint Team Sites. If a user opens
one of those spreadsheets from the intranet with Internet Explorer, closes
the browser window, then tries to save the spreadsheet from Excel, there is
a pause, then the message "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another
application to complete an OLE action." Clicking OK just causes another
pause and the same message appears over and over until Excel is terminated
from the task list. The key here seems to be closing the browser window
while the spreadsheet is open in Excel.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Glen