CTN

Default How many worksheets

How many worksheets can you have in one workbook. Right now we're doing a
file for all weeks of the year and we've got 30 in it, but it won't allow us
to insert any more. Any way around this?
Mexage

Excel help files state that you can insert as many sheets as your RAM can
handle.

Perhaps you can use named ranges instead of separating in sheets

"CTN" wrote:

How many worksheets can you have in one workbook. Right now we're doing a
file for all weeks of the year and we've got 30 in it, but it won't allow us
to insert any more. Any way around this?

Andy Wiggins

The number of worksheets is limited by the available resources.

How big is your file (megabytes)?

--
Regards
-

"CTN" wrote in message
How many worksheets can you have in one workbook. Right now we're doing a
file for all weeks of the year and we've got 30 in it, but it won't allow

us
to insert any more. Any way around this?

CyberTaz

Hi CTN-

Textbook answer is 255 sheets. If you cannot insert more than 30 it may very
well be the result of insufficient RAM. Which version of Excel, Windows and
what happens when you try to insert more?

Regards |:)

"CTN" wrote:

How many worksheets can you have in one workbook. Right now we're doing a
file for all weeks of the year and we've got 30 in it, but it won't allow us
to insert any more. Any way around this?

Harald Staff

The only ime I've actually seen it in a real life file, it died while adding
the 2005th worksheet. So I guess the number is 2004. At least sometimes.

Best wishes Harald

"CTN" skrev i melding