Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Use Workbook tabs in a Worksheet

I have an Excel 2003 workbook with worksheet tabs named after the months of
the year (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,...) for 2009 and 2008. Each worksheet contains
information about the activities for that month (Sales, attendance, new
students, etc...). I wanted to create a Summary worksheet that summarizes
each activity by year (2009 Sales, attendance, new students, etc...). I want
to automatically update the Summary worksheet as new tabs are added without
copying and pasting the new tabs (like 2010 information). Anyone have any
ideas how I can do this?

Jan
Feb
Mar

2009
Jan
Feb
Mar

2008
Jan
Feb
Mar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some key "ifs"
If each monthly sheet (and any new sheet) follow the same structure and...
If Sheet names follow a regular pattern then:

You can use the INDIRECT function to help make life a little easier. Going
with what appears to be your format, something like:

=INDIRECT("'"&$A2&" "&$A$1"'!B1)

This would create a reference to: 'Jan 2010'!B1
copying the formula down would change to: 'Feb 2010'!B1

See the XL help file for further info on using INDIRECT.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M