KJH

Default Entering data on template and then data going to a spreadsheet.

I am trying to find the easist way to do simple invoices out of excel. I
believe if I create a invoice template and enter the data there I should be
able to have the data transfered from the template to a spreadsheet to
summerize all the invoices. But I am not sure how to do this. I am new to
excel and don't understand how to write macros and things. So hopefully
someone can tell me an easy way to do this.

KJH
Frank Kabel

Hi
maybe provide some more details what you want to summarize, what you want to
enter, etc.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

KJH wrote:
I am trying to find the easist way to do simple invoices out of
excel. I believe if I create a invoice template and enter the data
there I should be able to have the data transfered from the template
to a spreadsheet to summerize all the invoices. But I am not sure
how to do this. I am new to excel and don't understand how to write
macros and things. So hopefully someone can tell me an easy way to
do this.

KJH

KJH

I want to enter all the data on a template and then have it go to a
spreadsheet that looks like this. I need to know how to send it to a
spreadsheet.
DATE B/L PO NO. NET SOLIDS PRICE AMOUNT INVOICED #'s
1-Oct W3317 B3364A-411 48,960 49.67% 0.13975 $3,398.50 10/25/2004
I am wondering if it would be easier to enter info to spreadsheet and then
some how have it create an invoice. I do invoicing everyday off this
spreadsheet.
KJH

I am trying to find the easist way to do simple invoices out of excel. I
believe if I create a invoice template and enter the data there I should be
able to have the data transfered from the template to a spreadsheet to
summerize all the invoices. But I am not sure how to do this. I am new to
excel and don't understand how to write macros and things. So hopefully
someone can tell me an easy way to do this.

KJH

RagDyer

What you are looking for is called:
"Template Wizard with Data Tracking"
Which is an Add-In.

Depending on your version, you might find it under,
<Data <TemplateWizard
If not, try <Tools <AddIns
And scroll almost to the bottom, and check "TemplateWizard".

Then, look it up in the Help files for instructions.
It allows you to make a form, such as your Invoice, then save it as a
termplate, then choose various cells in the form containing your pertinant
data, and then when you save the form, the chosen data is *automatically*
saved to a WS which is in a dB format.
--

HTH,

RD