Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default suming under two condintions

Here is what i have i have a table that has 5 columns; Category, Date,
Amount, Description, Location. i have made these columns as References if
that helps too.
What i want is a formula that i can use to sum a full days worth of data.
For instance i would like to sum all data that is on in the category of
Accounts payable on the day of 10/18/2009. I have already tried the
SUMPRODUCT function and it is giving me #NUM. here is my formula what am i
doing wrong.
=SUMPRODUCT((Date=A24)*(Category=$E$3))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i also forgot what i want it to do is sum the Amounts for the day according
to the two conditions, i just figured out that my formula would not work, but
if someone can give me a formula to sum the Amounts, according to the
category and dates matching i would appreciate it, sorry for the confusion.

"Soccerboy83" wrote:

Here is what i have i have a table that has 5 columns; Category, Date,
Amount, Description, Location. i have made these columns as References if
that helps too.
What i want is a formula that i can use to sum a full days worth of data.
For instance i would like to sum all data that is on in the category of
Accounts payable on the day of 10/18/2009. I have already tried the
SUMPRODUCT function and it is giving me #NUM. here is my formula what am i
doing wrong.
=SUMPRODUCT((Date=A24)*(Category=$E$3))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SUMPRODUCT function and it is giving me #NUM.
=SUMPRODUCT((Date=A24)*(Category=$E$3))

Are you referencing entire columns in your named ranges like A:A ?

If you're not using Excel 2007 then you can't reference entire columns with
SUMPRODUCT.

I assume A24 is some date.

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=A24),--(B1:B20=$E$3),C1:C20)

Where C1:C20 is the sum range.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP