Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can Excel enter page breaks to always follow a merge cell?

I have 30 documents and want the page break to always follow a merged cell. I
don't want the page break in the middle of the merged cell.

I am manually making these page breaks by moving them in "Page Break
Preview" and wanted to know if anyone knows of a automated way to enter these
page breaks? In Microsoft Word is it referred to as pagination with widow and
orphans selected but I didn't see this in Excel.

from: http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/wordwidow.htm
Widows and orphans occur when only one line of a paragraph appears on a
page. To make your document more readable you should not allow paragraphs
split across two pages if they contain less than 4 lines and you should
ensure that if a paragraph does split across two pages it has at least 2
lines of that paragraph on each page. You can make Word control the layout
of your paragraphs for you by ensuring that Widow/Orphan control is set in
your document. To do this, click on the Format drop-down menu and choose
Paragraph. Click on the Line and Page Breaks tab of the window that appears
and make sure there is a tick in the Widow/Orphan control box.

Thank you!