Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Strikethough in cells?

Check to see if the cells are formated for strikethrough...

Select a cell where this happens
Right clickFormat CellsFont tab
See if Strikethrough is checked

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2007
When I enter information (text or numbers) into some cells it enters with
a line down through it (like editing in Word). I don't know why this is
happening although there may have been information in those cells
previously that was erased. Help please.
--
Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And remember to check to see if the strike-through is the result of conditional
formatting, too.

If Biff's formatting response and conditional formatting isn't the cause, maybe
you have an event macro firing???

Bob Newman wrote:

Excel 2007
When I enter information (text or numbers) into some cells it enters with a
line down through it (like editing in Word). I don't know why this is
happening although there may have been information in those cells previously
that was erased. Help please.
--
Thanks in advance... Bob

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you checked the formatting, you saw that Strikethrough was applied?

If yes, turn it off and you'll probably be done.

If it wasn't, then look on the Home tab for the Style group. There's an icon
for conditional formatting.

Bob Newman wrote:

Strikethrough was checked. How do I check for conditional formating?

Bob