Mary

Default How can I merge five cells into one?

I have read the previous posts about merging cells, but I am lost. Is there
a formula to merge 5 cells, with a space between each that I can apply to the
whole table? WHere do I put the forumla, etc. I apologize in advance, I am
not very familar with excel.
Dave Peterson

=a1&" "&b1&" "&c1&" "&d1&" "&e1

Put it in the cell that should show the results of this "merge". (It's usually
called concatenation.)

If you have formated dates/numbers, you may want something like:

=text(a1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&" "&text(b1,"$0.00")&.......etc

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Mary

Assume you have data in columns A through E for 3000 rows.

In A1..this, B1..is, C1..mytext, D1..to, E1..concatenate

In F1 enter Dave's formula. You will see the concatenated value in F1

i.e. "this is mytext to concatenate" will appear in F1

Double-click on the small black lump at bottom right corner of F1 and this
formula will be copied with incrementation down as far as you have data in
column E.

If data is in some other configuation, please post an example of some cell and
range references.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Mary wrote:

I have read the previous posts about merging cells, but I am lost. Is there
a formula to merge 5 cells, with a space between each that I can apply to the
whole table? WHere do I put the forumla, etc. I apologize in advance, I am
not very familar with excel.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has instructions on how to use that small black lump (aka
autofill handle) at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html#Mouse