-   -   Match formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246233-match-formula.html)

Jim

Match formula

Hello,

Thanks in advance for the help.

Worksheet One - I have email address listed in column A with dollar amounts
listed in column B. These emails are listed multiple times, with different
amounts each time the email is listed.

Worksheet Two - In column A, I have the email listed once. I would like to
match the email from worksheet Two to all the occurrences in worksheet one
and sum the dollar amounts from column B.

Again, thanks for the help.
Jim

Mike H

Match formula

Jim,

This would go on Sheet 2 referencing the unique email addresses in column A

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50,A1,Sheet1!$B$1:$B$50)

Drag down as required

Mike

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance for the help.

Worksheet One - I have email address listed in column A with dollar amounts
listed in column B. These emails are listed multiple times, with different
amounts each time the email is listed.

Worksheet Two - In column A, I have the email listed once. I would like to
match the email from worksheet Two to all the occurrences in worksheet one
and sum the dollar amounts from column B.

Again, thanks for the help.
Jim

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com

Match formula

You could create a pivot table instead, that would sum by email address the
values.

--
Matt Lynn

muddan madhu

Match formula

use this formula in sheet2 cell B1

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$4,A1,Sheet1!$B$1:$B$4)