Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I link the "sumif" criteria to a cell? thks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=sumif(a:a,b1,c:c)
or
=sumif(a:a,""&b1,c:c)

Lauravila wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simply refer to the cell that holds the criteria *if* it's a straight
comparison:

......A.....B.....C
1...x......1......x
2...y......2
3...x......4
4...x......2

=SUMIF(A1:A4,C1,B1:B4)

If the criteria uses an operator like "greater than" then:

......A.....B.....C
1...2......1......5
2...7......2
3...3......4
4...6......2

=SUMIF(A1:A4,""&C1,B1:B4)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Kindly post your question in the message area, not in the subject line. The
subject line is intended for a brief key summary line on your query, the
message area is where you elaborate on your query, providing the full
descripts & sample data

Never, never leave the message area empty. If you do, responders using the
webpage CANNOT respond to you (due to a technical glitch)