Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default JLatham I need help again

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

The idea of a forum like this is that not only do you get help, others can
see the help you were given and maybe benefit too.

Why not post your question here with some sample data and desired outcome
and lets see what answers you get.

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike H. is really trying to be helpful.

Without knowing more - text to columns could be a good solutions - best when
the part numbers have the same length.

If there aren't spaces except between the two numbers - text to columns
could also be used - or if there is a comma (or some other delimiter) text to
columns could be used.

there was another recent post that asked to find information between the ()
use of left(), mid() and right() functions could also be used - but you
haven't really provided much detail that other could provide an answer on.

Does this hekp??
--
Wag more, bark less

"Mike" wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this will get me out of hot water

L U428 3.50

L 121-4418 5.75

L 121-8801 4.50

L 901-1003 3.00

L 901-1011 3.50

L 901-1164 3.00

G DW 00662 GTN 48.20

G DW 00828 GBN 48.20

You can't see the grid lines in excel. but the part number and the price is
in the same box spred acros A1,B1,C1,D1 and it looks like the cels are merged
together but when you click on format cel it is not merged

"Mike" wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi That does not work ether, I did however select
the part number and in doin so it took up two cells, i formated those to
murge them
that worked but i deleted the price'
It lookslike I will have to repete this about 500 times
Thanks
Mke

Mike wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I see the example you posted. Try this

In B1 place =Left(A1,25) and in C1 place =Right(A1,7)

Copy that down.

Then select columns B and C and do a Copy, Paste Special, Values over
itself and then delete Column A.

Mike wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,
Since I'm not on here everyday, and don't see every new post, (you'll notice
that it's now 3 months after your post here)
Perhaps if you need direct contact you should try my email set up for
dealing with things from these forums (remove spaces)
Help From @ JLatham Site.com
usually gets a little more notice by me.

"Mike" wrote:

I have a list sent to me by e-mail, I opened it and it opened in excel.
That is fine what i need is the part number seperat from the price.
It's currently in the same cel and I can't get them to UN merage the cel

Can i send it to you?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It kinda defeats the point of a public forum if the answers are supplied
offline.

He should just make an open post in the NGs, not personally directed, and
wait for it to get answered.

Bob