Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default countif

I have a sheet that has this statement =COUNTIF(I9:AM9,"T") which counts the
number of "t"'s it finds in a range in row 9. the problem is that it wont
count some of the cells when a "t" is in them and i cant figure out why....i
checked the formatting of the cells and they are all the same...Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There may be additional unseen charaters in the cell(s) like
leading/trailing spaces.

Try this:

=COUNTIF(I9:AM9,"*T*")

The * are wildcards. Count this cell if it contains "anything" T "anything"

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mainer" wrote in message
I have a sheet that has this statement =COUNTIF(I9:AM9,"T") which counts
the
number of "t"'s it finds in a range in row 9. the problem is that it wont
count some of the cells when a "t" is in them and i cant figure out
why....i
checked the formatting of the cells and they are all the same...Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mainer,

If any of cells that contains "t" which may include some spaces. Trim the
spaces and you will get the exact count.

Thanks,
Bala
http://balatvm.wordpress.com/