Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting & within Excel spreadsheet to show as &

I am trying to type the ampersand within an Excel spreadsheet and cannot
remember HOW to make it look like: &
When I do it, it thinks I am trying to do a command or a formula or
something. All I want to do is put this in my spreadsheet because it's the
name of a company: &

Thanks a bunch for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if that's the sole character, put a quote mark in front of it.
if it's in the middle of a bunch of characters, it shouldn't trigger
anything.
if it does, try a quote mark at the beginning of the text.
:)
susan