Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Value not formula

I have an issue with a vlookup and the returned value. I have a vlookup which
according to the dropdown returns a cell column reference (such as A or D).

Next another cell takes this value and adds the cell row number (such A and
6) to create the value A6.

I want the cell to display the contents of A6 as in a link =A6 but the cell
is actually a formula so it displays the text A6. Is there away a formula
will just read the value of the cell and not the formula.

Any help greatly appreciated (or a more detailed explanation can be given)

Kind regards

PS Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No prob.

Use the INDIRECT formula to achieve what you want:

=INDRIECT(<your formula to give A6)

If this helps please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<<<

"Simmeh" wrote:

I have an issue with a vlookup and the returned value. I have a vlookup which
according to the dropdown returns a cell column reference (such as A or D).

Next another cell takes this value and adds the cell row number (such A and
6) to create the value A6.

I want the cell to display the contents of A6 as in a link =A6 but the cell
is actually a formula so it displays the text A6. Is there away a formula
will just read the value of the cell and not the formula.

Any help greatly appreciated (or a more detailed explanation can be given)

Kind regards

PS Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to help.

If posts help, please click "Yes" so that others know that questions have
been answered and can benefit as well.