Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ox Ox is offline

Default Formula to extract doamin names form email address,s

I have a large list of email address and would like to group them by
the doamin that they came from

I would like to add another collum and and list the doamin names in
this

collum A collum B
ie abc.com

does any one have a formula to do this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a formula, but I wouldn't.

I'd copy that column of data into another column.

Then select the new column
Edit|Replace
what: *@
with: (leave blank)
replace all

===
But you could use a formula like:
=mid(a1,search("@",a1)+1,255)
(255 is just a big enough number to grab everything to the right of the @ sign).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another formula option

=REPLACE(A1,1,FIND("@",A1),"")

--
barry houdini
barry houdini's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=72

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:48:06 -0700 (PDT), Ox wrote:

I have a large list of email address and would like to group them by
the doamin that they came from

I would like to add another collum and and list the doamin names in
this

collum A collum B
ie abc.com

does any one have a formula to do this

=MID(A1,FIND("@",A1)+1,255)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ox Ox is offline

On Oct 17, 9:18*pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:48:06 -0700 (PDT), Ox wrote:
I have a large list of email address and would like to group them by
the doamin that they came from

I would like to add another collum and and list the doamin names in
this

collum A * * * * * * * * collum B
ie * * *abc.com

does any one have a formula to do this

=MID(A1,FIND("@",A1)+1,255)

--ron

Thank You all for your assistance problem has been solved

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ox Ox is offline

On Oct 17, 9:17*pm, barry houdini <barry.houdini.
wrote:
Another formula option

=REPLACE(A1,1,FIND("@",A1),"")