gdusseau

Default save as .xlr

Is it possible to save a spreadsheet in .xlr format?
My technician has MS Works (version that comes on new PCs.)
I have Excel 2002.
I do not see in the "Save As" field an option for .xlr.
Is there a plug-in somewhere?
Is there a converter somewhere?
Nick

Hi

Give this a try.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...225751033.aspx

"gdusseau" wrote in message
Is it possible to save a spreadsheet in .xlr format?
My technician has MS Works (version that comes on new PCs.)
I have Excel 2002.
I do not see in the "Save As" field an option for .xlr.
Is there a plug-in somewhere?
Is there a converter somewhere?

gdusseau

I downloaded, installed, and clicked "Save As" in the "File" pulldown. There
is still no option to save as *.xlr

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks, anyway, Nick.

"gdusseau" wrote in message
Is it possible to save a spreadsheet in .xlr format?
My technician has MS Works (version that comes on new PCs.)
I have Excel 2002.
I do not see in the "Save As" field an option for .xlr.
Is there a plug-in somewhere?
Is there a converter somewhere?

Gord Dibben

Read Ken Wright's posting at this google search result for converting Works
Files.

http://snipurl.com/en4t

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"gdusseau" wrote in message
Is it possible to save a spreadsheet in .xlr format?
My technician has MS Works (version that comes on new PCs.)
I have Excel 2002.
I do not see in the "Save As" field an option for .xlr.
Is there a plug-in somewhere?
Is there a converter somewhere?

gdusseau

My technician sent a *.xlr file
I edited it and "Save"
The extension did not change (it was still *.xlr)
I emailed it to him via Outlook XP (2002)
....waiting to see if he can open it and read my edits...

Thanks, anyway, Gord! gd