Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I use Excel as a music database?

I'm not happy with the music databases I have seen. I'd like to be able to
have lots of options for sorting music. (Year, composer, performer, genre,
rating) and I'd like to be able to assign a song to more than one genre (one
song may be assigned to rock & jazz & piano solos).

An excel spreadsheet that could access music files would be great. Can excel
reach into "my music"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"davekingpt" wrote:

I'm not happy with the music databases I have seen. I'd like to be able to
have lots of options for sorting music. (Year, composer, performer, genre,
rating) and I'd like to be able to assign a song to more than one genre (one
song may be assigned to rock & jazz & piano solos).

An excel spreadsheet that could access music files would be great. Can excel
reach into "my music"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, so I know I said "Can I" rather than "How do I......".

I am currently running Excel 2003-Small Business Edition and can't find any
menu item (or any instructions under "help") that would let me reach into "My
Music".

I'm assuming "My Music" would be the appropriate place to store music files.

Can anyone tell me how to set this up so I can not only store and sort music
but also play it? (Do I need to upgrade?)

Thanks.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Yes