Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 how to turn off the fixed decimal thing

--
Edge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing Optionsuncheck: Automatically
insert a decimal pointOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Edge" wrote in message

Edge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Office Button Excel Options Advanced Editting Options cleaar the
automatically insert decimal checkbox
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"Edge" wrote:

--
Edge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hey - thanks but it's off so perhaps i asked the wrong question - i can't
input a numeric value with dot00, example - 175.00 or 1830.00 as when I do it
reads 175 and 1830 - sorry - new to excel
also what is it about iterating references cos I created a formula but it
seems I circled back - i have removed the formula but don't understand what
excel does with it and the crux of the problem
thanks a mil

--
Edge

"Edge" wrote:

--
Edge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will not display terminating decimal 0s unless you set the format to
do so.

Select the cell(s) in question
Right clickFormat CellsNumber tabNumberset to 2 decimal placesOK

As for your formula problem...it sounds like you created a circular
reference. A circular reference is usually a formula that refers to the
formula itself. For example:

You wan to sum cells in column A and you enter this formula in cell A1:

=SUM(A:A)

That creates a circular reference because the formula is in cell A1 and the
formula =SUM(A:A) includes a reference to cell A1.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Edge" wrote: