Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FA FA is offline

Default CSV to Excel

I want to post some data in my website in csv format. I want it to be as
easy as posible for users.

After doing this I tried to open the file again and I am having problems
with an error.

Excel is changing a number like this: 125E245 into scientific notation.
Numbers like 123A213 in the same column are maintained as text.

How can I save my file in csv so Excel knows that alll the column is text
and not only some values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either change the file name to .TXT instead of .CSV, or else read the CSV in
with Data/ Import External Data (instead of File/ Open), then in either case
you can specify that the format of the relevant column is to be Text.
--
David Biddulph

FA wrote:
I want to post some data in my website in csv format. I want it to
be as easy as posible for users.

After doing this I tried to open the file again and I am having
problems with an error.

Excel is changing a number like this: 125E245 into scientific
notation. Numbers like 123A213 in the same column are maintained as
text.

How can I save my file in csv so Excel knows that alll the column is
text and not only some values?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FA FA is offline

Are there any other way? You see, the thing is I'm not the one that would be
downloading the file and I want it to be as easy as possible for the users.

In addition the users would need to do this for 20 columns.

Thank you!

.