Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I am trying to enter: (c) , but it defaults to the copyright logo

I am trying to enter the letter "c" in parenthese, but Excel will only show
the "copyright" logo (C). How do I enter the following: ( c ) , and not end
up with the copyright logo? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

trip_to_tokyo wrote on Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:56:28 -0700:

Office Button / Excel Options / Proofing / AutoCorrect Options
/ AutoCorrect Options . . . / AutoCorrect tab /

Make sure that:-

(c)

- does not appear in the list in the lower left hand corner.

If it does click it to highlight it then Delete / OK.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

"Mike" wrote:

I am trying to enter the letter "c" in parenthese, but Excel
will only show the "copyright" logo (C). How do I enter the
following: ( c ) , and not end up with the copyright logo? Thank
you.

You could turn off the autocorrect and get "(c)" Also, if you give one
space after it then CTRL-Z, it will stay that way. Note that the space
is necessary unlike in Word.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike
Goto ToolsAuto-Correct-Options You can uncheck "Replace text as you type" or
delete
(C)
HTH
John