Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do a set the current date to change in cell everyday

I have a created a spreadsheet that calulates the number of days between two
dates. Since I have 30 entries to track I must change the current date in 30
cells. However, I have to manually change the current date in 30 cells. Is
there a formula to automatically change the current day in the cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in the cells that have to have the current date use =Now()

or

place =Now() in a single cell (e.g., A1) and have the cells that have the
current date point to that cell =A1

"erie2446" wrote:

I have a created a spreadsheet that calulates the number of days between two
dates. Since I have 30 entries to track I must change the current date in 30
cells. However, I have to manually change the current date in 30 cells. Is
there a formula to automatically change the current day in the cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you meant =Sheet1!A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

erie2446 wrote:
I have a created a spreadsheet that calulates the number of days between two
dates. Since I have 30 entries to track I must change the current date in 30
cells. However, I have to manually change the current date in 30 cells. Is
there a formula to automatically change the current day in the cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=TODAY() will do.
=NOW() gives time as well as date, so you'd get a false result if you try to
compare it with today's date.
--
David Biddulph

"erie2446" wrote:

I have a created a spreadsheet that calulates the number of days
between two dates. Since I have 30 entries to track I must change
the current date in 30 cells. However, I have to manually change the
current date in 30 cells. Is there a formula to automatically change
the current day in the cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yer - Thanks Gord.

Gord Dibben wrote:
I think you meant =Sheet1!A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Try setting a date in just one sheet, (sheet 1 cell A1) and having all the
other sheets set as =a1(sheet1!)

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
cells. However, I have to manually change the current date in 30 cells. Is
there a formula to automatically change the current day in the cells?

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Darn clunky fingers<g