Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line Graphs

Hello

I am trying to create some graphs (bar or line). I have 2 columns of data,
with 20 rows. I have names on one columns, and time spent on 2 column. The
names appear multiple times, so I was the graph to sum the hours in cases
where the names appear multiple times.
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you have labels above each column, like Name and Time. Select
the data and make a pivot table. Drag the Name field to the rows area
and the Time field to the data area. If necessary change the Time to Sum
of Time (sometimes Excel guesses wrong). This lists each name only once,
alongside the sum for that name.

Now make your chart.

- Jon
-------