Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF statement

I'm looking at a spreadsheet that has 3 columns:
A: Name
B: Expense 1
C: Expense 2

I have a maximum amount, $1,000, that I can spend on both expenses, but,
it's important to pay all of expense 1 before starting to paying expense 2.
For example, Row 1= $900 (cell B1) for expense 1 and $200 (cell C2) for
expense 2. I have to pay $900 for expense 1, but only pay $100 to expense 2.

Essentially, I'd like to do this with excel (probably with an IF statement):
Column D - reflects the $900 amount was paid for expense 1
Column E - reflects the $100 amount was paid for expense 2
Column F -reflects that $100 is still left to be paid based on the maximum
spending amount of $1,000.

If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate your help!

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Liz J wrote:
I'm looking at a spreadsheet that has 3 columns:
A: Name
B: Expense 1
C: Expense 2

I have a maximum amount, $1,000, that I can spend on both expenses, but,
it's important to pay all of expense 1 before starting to paying expense 2.
For example, Row 1= $900 (cell B1) for expense 1 and $200 (cell C2) for
expense 2. I have to pay $900 for expense 1, but only pay $100 to expense 2.

Essentially, I'd like to do this with excel (probably with an IF statement):
Column D - reflects the $900 amount was paid for expense 1
Column E - reflects the $100 amount was paid for expense 2
Column F -reflects that $100 is still left to be paid based on the maximum
spending amount of $1,000.

If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Maybe this:

B1 =900
C1 =200