Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to fill up blanks

I am trying to fill a range of blanks with the data at the bottom of the
selections. Example: I want to fill the "x" cells above the 200 with 200, I
want to fill the "x" cells above the 450 with 450...etc I used the DigDb
tool but was wondering if there is another solution out there...thanks.

200
450
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the entire range of cells, say A2:A1000, with cell A2 being the active
cell. Then goto Edit - Go to, click special, and select blanks. Only the
blank cells should be selected now.

Next, type "=", and then press the down arrow (if active cell is A2, this
creates the formula =A3). Next, hold down Ctrl, and press enter (this inputs
formula into all selected cells).

you can now leave the data as is, or do a copy - paste special - values, to
get static values.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"deeds" wrote:

I am trying to fill a range of blanks with the data at the bottom of the
selections. Example: I want to fill the "x" cells above the 200 with 200, I
want to fill the "x" cells above the 450 with 450...etc I used the DigDb
tool but was wondering if there is another solution out there...thanks.

200
450

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Select the data range in ColA (say A1:A100).
2. Press F5. From 'Goto window'Special from Options select 'Blanks' and
hit OK

3. This will select all blanks. Keeping the selection press control and
click on the cell OR (activate) the blank cell just above the 1st entry (say
cell just above 200). Active cell will have white border..

4. Now press = (equal sign)
5. Then press Down Arrow to reference the cell just above
6. Now press Ctrl and Enter key together

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"deeds" wrote:

I am trying to fill a range of blanks with the data at the bottom of the
selections. Example: I want to fill the "x" cells above the 200 with 200, I
want to fill the "x" cells above the 450 with 450...etc I used the DigDb
tool but was wondering if there is another solution out there...thanks.

200
450

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range to fill (include the cells with the values, too)
Hit F5 (edit|goto)
Special|Blanks
type
=
and hit the down arrow.
Now hit ctrl-enter to fill each of those cells with a formula that retrieves the
value from the cell below.

You may want to select the entire range and change all the formulas to values,
too.

deeds wrote:

I am trying to fill a range of blanks with the data at the bottom of the
selections. Example: I want to fill the "x" cells above the 200 with 200, I
want to fill the "x" cells above the 450 with 450...etc I used the DigDb
tool but was wondering if there is another solution out there...thanks.

200
450

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your responses....I just realized after I posted this that I can
do the same thing as fill from above only "=down"....should have thought of
this before posting....thanks again!