Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert number to date value

I have a number which was inputted as a date but came out as a number
(1080022) I need to convert back to a date but can't figure out how to change
it ( changing the format does not work).

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

I don't know what it was originally someone filled in the dates and sent it
to me without realising it was not a date

"saz2369" wrote:

I have a number which was inputted as a date but came out as a number
(1080022) I need to convert back to a date but can't figure out how to change
it ( changing the format does not work).

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm afraid then there's little that can be done. If you look at the number
you posted it doesn't remotely resemble a date. Post again when you have one
of these numbers and you know what the date is supposed to be.

Mike

"saz2369" wrote:

I have a number which was inputted as a date but came out as a number
(1080022) I need to convert back to a date but can't figure out how to change
it ( changing the format does not work).

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless there was some type of custom format that adds digits to the number
(say, a format of:
#"22"
leaving us to conclude the date entered is 10800, aka 10/8/2000)
the number is meaningless as far as a date is concerned. Is there any way
you could get in touch with the original author and ask them what they meant
to put in there?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"saz2369" wrote:

I have a number which was inputted as a date but came out as a number
(1080022) I need to convert back to a date but can't figure out how to change
it ( changing the format does not work).

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then I'm afraid as Mike said, there's little that can be done. You'll need to
contact the person and find out what their original date/data was.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M