Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MS Excel - changing reference column value based on another column

Hi,

I am trying to things following way.

Value @ 'Y'!F5 = 10, 'Y'!F6 = 20
Value @ 'X'!A3 = 5(meaning trying to have number 5 corresponding to 'Y'!F5)

Now, I want the value of 'Y'!F5 or 'Y'!F6 at 'X'!A4, using value at 'X'!A3.

so if 'X'!A3 = 5, than 'X'!A4 = 'Y'!F5 = 10 and if 'X'!A3 = 6, than 'X'!A4
= 'Y'!F6 = 20

Any Idea if this is possible using reference? or by other means?
This will save lots of manual editing work for me.

Please help.

with Regards,

- Dharmesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll want to use the INDIRECT function. For example, the formula in X!A4
would be:
=INDIRECT("Y!F"&X!A3)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dharmesh Patel" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to things following way.

Value @ 'Y'!F5 = 10, 'Y'!F6 = 20
Value @ 'X'!A3 = 5(meaning trying to have number 5 corresponding to 'Y'!F5)

Now, I want the value of 'Y'!F5 or 'Y'!F6 at 'X'!A4, using value at 'X'!A3.

so if 'X'!A3 = 5, than 'X'!A4 = 'Y'!F5 = 10 and if 'X'!A3 = 6, than 'X'!A4
= 'Y'!F6 = 20

Any Idea if this is possible using reference? or by other means?
This will save lots of manual editing work for me.

Please help.

with Regards,

- Dharmesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MS Excel - changing reference column value based on another co

Thanks Luke,

it works well.

Regards,
- Dharmesh