Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dropdown items having Checkboxes

Hi,

I have an excel sheet in which for a column, I have a drop down list with
values. I want the user to select multiple values from that by having a
checkbox for each of the values. I don't know how to make checkboxes
available for all the dropdown values. Also I want the values to be selected
to be displayed in the corresponding column. Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks in Advance,

Yuva
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

for multiple selcetions to appear I would be seriously tempted to use a "user
form".
this can be created using the visual basic editor (alt F11), the second
button from the left on the button bar is "insert user form"
the user form can then be created to your own design inserting objects such
as text and check boxes and buttons that can be named appropriately (eg apply
and Cancel).
To open the user form you would use:
If Not (Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing) Then
userform1.visible=true
this would go under worksheet selection change (select the sheet you are
working on from the left hand column and then worksheet and selection change
from the drop down lists.
Each object can have its own basic subroutine to execute under particular
conditions. If you double click any object whilst in the visual basic editor
you can enter the commands appropriate (eg cancel button would be
userform1.visible = false)
The flexibilty of a user form is huge so when requiring multiple data entry
from a click on a single cell it is very useful, just takes a little effort
to work out the code required for each action but there are plenty of guys
here willing to help on that,