Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I make a highlighted cell flash in excel

For work in progress etc. I'd like to be able to fill a cell in excel say
yellow but have it flashing so attention is drawn to it. Excel 2002 if
possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A personal view; which i suspect is supported by many, is that if I was
presented with a worksheet with flashing cells I'd close it and delete it but
if you must then have a look here but note the warnings.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx

Mike

"Paul Kiramy" wrote:

For work in progress etc. I'd like to be able to fill a cell in excel say
yellow but have it flashing so attention is drawn to it. Excel 2002 if
possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Before you proceed check out the following link... (As posted by JE McGimpse
some time back)

US Government sites are prohibited by law from displaying flashing text
(between 2 and 55 Hz) due to triggering seizures in those with
photosensitive epilepsy.
http://www.section508.gov/IRSCourse/mod02/021401--.html
Many other organizations try to conform to section 508.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson