Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rate of Progression Formula

Hello All,

Agents attain scores over a period of time and are recorded by weekly
intervals.

The target is to achieve a score of 420 or less.

What i need is a calculation to see who have progressed the best from over
420 to under 420.

I have been searching for the appropriate formula that tracks the agent rate
of improvement based on the scores they produce weekly.

Here is a sample of the scores.

Week # Agent 1 Agent 2

25 856.444 738.683
26 986.130 533.542
27 660.319 464.141
28 633.990 529.718
29 576.483 566.817
30 582.434 481.467
31 629.725 561.240
32 605.880 529.793
33 569.558 491.564
34 577.365 480.924
35 540.415 459.695
36 539.803 437.526
37 568.207 387.403
38 503.689 402.884
39 523.013 384.494

Thanks in advance for your help
Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Progressed the best is a bit of a loaded question. Are we talking most
improved or best result or a combination of the 2. I would take a look at the
Slope and Intercept functions. Whoever has the steepest downward slopt to
their best fit line has had the greatest improvement. Using intercept you can
determine the end point of the best filt line which is their overall result.

Slope is the amount of improvement per week. Intercept is the starting point
(Where would they have been at week based on the graphed line extended
backwards).

In your sample data Agent 1 has teh following results
Slope = -22.3
Intercept = 1,337
Week 39 best fit result = 467.45

Agent2
Slope = -15.7
Intercept = 1,000
Week 39 best fit result = 386.46

So agent 1 has improved more but Agent 2 is achieveing the better result...
Your call...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Tazflerts" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

Understand the concept of the slope and the interception.

Can you provide sample(s) of these formula?

I am trying to implement them but having different value returned for each
week and not seeing the result you acheived from the slope and interception
for Agent 1 & 2.

Thanks,
Kevin