Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum a Filtered List excluding Negative Numbers

I wish to create a subtotal in a filtered list, which I know I could do using
the =sumproduct formula. However, I would like to know if it is possible to
exclude negative numbers from the sum. Is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you elaborate by what you mean by 'filtered list' ?
Also post the formula which you use right now using SUMPRODUCT()?

'To exclude negative numbers from a list of numbers..
=SUMIF(A:A,"0")

PS: You might need to use =SUBTOTAL() function based on the exact
requirements.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Chris waller" wrote:

I wish to create a subtotal in a filtered list, which I know I could do using
the =sumproduct formula. However, I would like to know if it is possible to
exclude negative numbers from the sum. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The version of Excel I am using is 2002. The formula that I am currently
using is:- =SUBTOTAL(9,$D$2:$D$10), however I have found that
=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,D2:D10)) gives the same answer. In relation to the
filtered list, column A contains a list of products and I need to be able to
sum the number of products shich the formula will do, however there are
instances where there are negative numbers in the list and I need to exclude
these from the equation, whilst the list is on screen. HTH

"Chris waller" wrote:

I wish to create a subtotal in a filtered list, which I know I could do using
the =sumproduct formula. However, I would like to know if it is possible to
exclude negative numbers from the sum. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chris, try the below

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(D2:D10,ROW(D2:D10)-MIN(ROW(D2:D10)),0,1)),--(D2:D100),D2:D10)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Chris waller" wrote:

I wish to create a subtotal in a filtered list, which I know I could do using
the =sumproduct formula. However, I would like to know if it is possible to
exclude negative numbers from the sum. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(D2:D10,ROW(D2:D10)-ROW(D2),0,1)),--(D2:D10
0))

--
Domenic
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris waller" wrote:

I wish to create a subtotal in a filtered list, which I know I could do
using
the =sumproduct formula. However, I would like to know if it is possible
exclude negative numbers from the sum. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Domenic,

Thanks for that. It worked a treat. I will pass yours and Jacob's response
on to my colleague, who was experiencing the problem. Thanks once again.