Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Default Delete asterik mark

Hi
Is there anyway I can delete the asterik mark in front of the ID#? I have
over 1200 ID#s with asterik mark.
Thank you

ID #
* 765
* 4059
* 4793
* 2638
* 5302
* 5494
* 4057
* 5311
* 4823
* 5607
* 1276
* 5413
* 2585
* 5659
* 4001
* 5645
* 2217
* 4054
* 2265
* 2105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CM CM is offline

you should be able to use Edit Find/Replace:

in the Find box put: *
leave the replace box blank

"da" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the 'Find and Replace' option

--Select the column/range and hit Ctrl+H
--Hit 'Options' in Find/Replace window.
--Make sure you select 'Formulas' in 'Look In'
--Find What: ~*
--Replace With: (leave this blank)
--Hit Replace All

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"da" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your ID's in Col A. Insert a helper column next to it. Enter
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-2), and copy down. Block the new ID's, copy and Paste
Special as values. Delete Col A.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"da" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Thank you. It worked like a charm.

"da" wrote:

[...]

Foot mark aka single quote mark? STING Excel Worksheet Functions 3 June 19th 08 08:25 PM
How can I add active tick mark/check mark boxes in excel? gerberelli Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 3rd 08 05:16 PM
# mark help Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 3rd 07 08:40 PM
How can I find an asterik "*" in a spreadsheet using ctrl+F? pulling my hair out Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 October 9th 06 01:46 AM
Mark entire row Yarroll Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 5th 06 04:41 AM