Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula help

d1= ln(B6/B7)+[(B8+((B9^2)/2) x b10] / (B9) (SQRT B10)

This is supposed to be Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model. I tried my best
to show the formula on here and I entered the cells for the values. I need to
be able to put this in an excel but I am having trouble with the placing of
parentheses and using the right formulas. If you need more clarification the
formula let me know. I did my best with what I could do. thanks for the help
in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have to confess to not knowing what black-Scholes is but Google does!!

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=1013

or here

http://www.theresearchkitchen.com/blog/archives/77

and many more

Mike

"Confusicous" wrote:

d1= ln(B6/B7)+[(B8+((B9^2)/2) x b10] / (B9) (SQRT B10)

This is supposed to be Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model. I tried my best
to show the formula on here and I entered the cells for the values. I need to
be able to put this in an excel but I am having trouble with the placing of
parentheses and using the right formulas. If you need more clarification the
formula let me know. I did my best with what I could do. thanks for the help
in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are trying to implement the d1 formula from Mike's 2nd link below,
the parentheses would be as follows:
=(LN(B6/B7) + (B8+(B9^2)/2)*B10) / (B9*SQRT(B10))

If you click in the formula bar, Excel will colour code the parentheses for
you, so that you can check whether they are correct.
--
David Biddulph