Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell in new sheet should always refer to defined cell in another s

Hi,

How can I make a cell on a worksheet always accept input from a certain cell
on any new copy of another worksheet?

In Excel 2003 I have made a workbook which I could use as a template, but I
would like to just have one book for multiple transactions, each on a newly
created sheet.

Base figures and calculations are on two sheets. One is protected with the
user allwed to modify one unlocked cell only. The other is protected with no
edits allowed. These sheets accept information from and display results on a
third sheet.

The third sheet is also protected, but the user can enter a variety of
required information in certain cells, which pass the user input back to the
two sheets containing the base calculations and formulae, and obtains the
results from them. Results are displayed in non editable cells. I intend
this sheet to be a template sheet so that using the Move or Copy context menu
the user can create and name a new sheet for a new transaction. The
information is passed about by Copy Paste Special Paste Link.

The problem is that when I make a new copy of the third woksheet, the input
is not passed back to the base sheets, as those sheets only reference the
original third sheet.

I have looked at 3d references, but a predetermined number of worksheets
must exist for that to work.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this.

Regards