Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Possible VLOOKUP ?

I have a 3 page spreadsheet that is constantly automatically updating from
queries to external data. I need to create a formula to note a status (up or
down) in one cell and insert a time (taken from sheet3) in the next cell.

Basically the function of the worksheet is a list of devices in a down
status will appear with a time down and remark. Sheet 1 (Dev down) displays
the full content of the devices down. Sheet 2 (Remarks) lists every remote
and a remark. Sheet 3 (WUG) lists the remotes down (queried from the external
source) and time down.

I would like the "Remarks" sheet to have a column that will display if the
remote is in a down status (appears on sheet 3 (WUG)) and a column with the
time down.

Any suggestions are very valuable.
Thanks in advance,
Bo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume sheet 3 has 3 columns

Column A - Remotes Names
Column B - Status
Column C - formula to get time

Sheet 2 has
Column A Remote Names
Column X has time

the formula for sheet 3 cell C2

=if(B2="down",vlookup(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$X$1000,24,Fa lse),"")

Where 24 is the column number of the table from sheet 2. A is column 1 and
X is 24.