Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting Rows with tabs grouped

Hello,

I am working with Excel 2003. In one of my workbooks I have grouped all
tabs and then tried inserting rows (so that the rows would insert on all
tabs). Everytime I try it, the file automatically says that there is an
error and shuts down. I have tried the same thing in my other excel files
and it works just fine. I also checked to see if I had any data on the last
row on each tab and there was nothing. Would someone know why this is
happening? Also, I tried just adding data to a cell with all tabs grouped
and it worked fine.

Thanks,
--
Thank You
Andrew Edmunds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried inserting to one tab at a time?

If one tab causes you the error, you can narrow down that way. It's
possible that one tab is using all rows to 65536.

Typically, attempting to add a row to this sheet would return an error
unable to shift rows off sheet, though I don't know how Excel would react if
multiple tabs are grouped and this occurs...

"AndrewEdmunds" wrote:

Hello,

I am working with Excel 2003. In one of my workbooks I have grouped all
tabs and then tried inserting rows (so that the rows would insert on all
tabs). Everytime I try it, the file automatically says that there is an
error and shuts down. I have tried the same thing in my other excel files
and it works just fine. I also checked to see if I had any data on the last
row on each tab and there was nothing. Would someone know why this is
happening? Also, I tried just adding data to a cell with all tabs grouped
and it worked fine.

Thanks,
--
Thank You
Andrew Edmunds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your response, I did try one at a time and it works, I only get
the error if all tabs are selected. When I try to insert rows (or columns)
when the tabs are grouped, it just says Microsoft excel has encountered a
problem and needs to shut down. One other note, I have tried restarting the
computer, copying the tabs to a new file, resaving as a new file, all to no
avail. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
--
Thank You
Andrew Edmunds