Susan

Default adjusting formula totals with tab or arror keys

I used to be able to see the "newly" adjusted totals on my spreadsheets after
moving to the next line, via the arrow down key or tab key. Now only after
saving are the New totals adjusted on the sheet? Why?
Max

Perhaps the calc mode was inadvertently changed to "Manual / Recalc before
save" ?

Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Ensure that "Automatic" box is checked OK

--
Rgds
Max
"Susan" wrote in message
I used to be able to see the "newly" adjusted totals on my spreadsheets

after
moving to the next line, via the arrow down key or tab key. Now only

after
saving are the New totals adjusted on the sheet? Why?

Susan

I've gone in and selected Manual so I can uncheck the recalulate before save.
Then selecting automatic. Do I have to do this now everytime I open a
workbook? How can I make this change effect all excel, future and past?

--
Susan

"Susan" wrote in message
I used to be able to see the "newly" adjusted totals on my spreadsheets

after
moving to the next line, via the arrow down key or tab key. Now only

after
saving are the New totals adjusted on the sheet? Why?

Max

"Susan" wrote
I've gone in and selected Manual
so I can uncheck the recalulate before save.
Then selecting automatic.
Do I have to do this now everytime I open a workbook?
How can I make this change effect all excel, future and past?

Try saving a new workbook with the calculation mode set to Automatic
as Book.xlt in XLSTART folder (template file)

Open a new (empty) book
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Ensure "Automatic" is checked OK

Click File Save As:
Select under "Save as type:" : Template
Put as "File name:" : Book
Navigate to (for "Save in:"):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart
Click Save

---

But note that Excel will "set" the calc mode based on the first book which
is opened in any one session (until Excel is exited). So if the first book
opened happens to be one saved earlier with manual calc (E.g.: you might be
double-clicking to open an existing xls file in windows explorer), it's
going to throw the session's operating mode into manual. Just do a quick
check on the mode via Tools Options Calc tab.
--
Rgds
Max