Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation list search

You might like to think about using a combo box, as this has auto-
complete. Debra Dalgleish takes you through it he

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 30, 2:11*pm, Aligahk06
wrote:
Dear All,

In data validation we have more than 5000 lists and their corresponding
records.

Looking an item *in the list manually is quite trouble and scrolling *upto
5000 lists is tedious.
Can i have a technique that we can find our list either by serching or
finding techniques once a
particular item list is looked.

Please assist ?

Rgds,

Alighak06

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you decide to stay with the Data Valaditation drop down, try this:

Sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A,
do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's.

Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter
of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave
the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow.

Should take you to the O which is the top of the O list of selections.

HTH
Regards,
Howard