Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking from one tab to another creates the link in destination ta

Hi,

About 80% of the time, when I try to create a link in one tab to another
tab, the link is incorrectly inserted somewhere in the destination worksheet,
not in the original one.

For instance, I have tab A and B. I am looking at tab A and want to link to
B!A12. I press = and Ctrl + Pg Dn to get to tab B. Once I get there, I scroll
to A12. Instead of putting the formula in tab A, it puts it somewhere in tab
B... maybe in A1, maybe B5 - the placement appears to be random.

We're running Excel 2003 on Windows Vista. This happened 2-3 weeks after
upgrading to Vista from XP. Has anyone run into this, and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Colin