Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default varying column widths

I am working on a spreadsheet where I need different column widths from top
to bottom and I need more columns on the bottom of the page then the top. How
can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No you can't

You could cheat and merge cells at the top of the sheet to make it look like
there are more columns.

Mike

"RobD03" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet where I need different column widths from top
to bottom and I need more columns on the bottom of the page then the top. How
can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Physically DELETE the empty rows. A quick way to do that would be to sort
the worksheets if you can so that all of the empty rows go to the bottom of
used rows.

Then go to the first empty cell in column A, press [Ctrl]+[End] to quickly
select all empty rows from there to the end of the sheet. and use Edit Delete
with the Entire Row option.

Once you've done that for all sheets, save the workbook. Close it, open it
back up and it should be smaller. Actually, once you close it, it should
reflect a smaller size on the hard drive.

There's more detailed information on this he
and there's even a code solution to do the same thing with less effort IF
your sheets don't contain merged cells.

"RobD03" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet where I need different column widths from top
to bottom and I need more columns on the bottom of the page then the top. How
can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, actually, I didn't post to this question!! But it certainly ended up
here, didn't it -- it was supposed to be attached to the main topic just
below this one. Amazing, simply amazing.