Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting 99.997% to 99.99%

If I modify it, it always goes to 100% instead of 99.99%, and I need to show
the actual number of 99.99% (without the 3rd decimal place), not the 100%.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ROUNDDOWN(A2,4) should do it

"lawandgrace" wrote:

If I modify it, it always goes to 100% instead of 99.99%, and I need to show
the actual number of 99.99% (without the 3rd decimal place), not the 100%.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

that is happening because by default the decimal is being rounded UP and not
DOWN

try this

=ROUNDDOWN(B2,4)

-kc
*clikc YES if this helps

"lawandgrace" wrote:

If I modify it, it always goes to 100% instead of 99.99%, and I need to show
the actual number of 99.99% (without the 3rd decimal place), not the 100%.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ROUNDDOWN(A1,4)

and format as % with 2 decimals