Pete

Default Format Cells

is there anyway I can apply a custom format to cells that
can show either whole numbers, or decimals points e.g

A1=15
A2=15.5

I would like this to be the standard for all cells in my
sheet.

I know you can apply Custom formats using [ ] etc.

Thanks

Pete

Debra Dalgleish

If you use the General format, it will show the number of decimals that
you've entered in the cell.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Pete

Hi Debra,

I've misinformed you, the spreadsheet I have is a results sheet. Some
scores can be decimal, some whole e.g

A1=15 (this time)
A1=15.5 (next time)

I don't want to have to keep formatting the cells, can it be done
automatically as the numbers are entered (as there is a lot).

is it possible to have dual format cells?

Tnaks

Pete

Dave Peterson

If you make the column wide enough to show all the decimals, but format it as
General, what do you see when the cell evaluates to 15?

How about when it evaluates to 15.5?

Pete wrote:

Hi Debra,

I've misinformed you, the spreadsheet I have is a results sheet. Some
scores can be decimal, some whole e.g

A1=15 (this time)
A1=15.5 (next time)

I don't want to have to keep formatting the cells, can it be done
automatically as the numbers are entered (as there is a lot).

is it possible to have dual format cells?

Tnaks

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

Pete

Your Brilliant, you've helped me so much in the past too

Thanks Deborah