Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Red 'X' missing from column header

I have a spreadsheet that I use every day. today the worksheets are not
maximized on the screen and the red 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the
worksheets is missing. How do I get my red 'X' back to close the worksheets
while the spreadsheet is still open?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm guessing you protected the workbook.

Unprotect it.

BTW...........you cannot close some worksheets while the workbook is open.

You can only close entire workbooks, all sheets included.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP