Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Select the range. Suppose it is column F. The cell which is referenced in
the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have the
white background even after selection.

2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting

3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=AND(F1<"",F1<0.95)
Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)

4. Click on Add button.

5. For Condition2Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=F1=0.95)

Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Green)

6. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another option to jacobs post is if you are only trying to format the text
colour then you could use a custom format as such...

Format - Cells... - Number - Custom
[Green][=0.95] 0.0%;[Red][<0.95] 0.0%;General
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Jacob. I did not capitalize your name... Purely unintentional I assure
you.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good morning Jacob,

The result was that all cells turned green (including blanks and values
below 95%). I am applying the condition to a selection, so the formula
currently looks like this...

=($I$2:$I$82=0.95)
Formating is Green

=AND($I$2:$I$82<"",$I$2:$I$82<0.95)
Formatting is Red

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The CF need to be specific to each cell. To that end you do not want absolute
referencing.

Highlight Cells I2:I82 (with I2 as the active cell)
Add this formula for the CF
=AND(I2<"",I2=0.95)
Green

Do the same for Red.
This is a relative referenced function so that it will be correctly
referenced for each cell in the range selected.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional formula sets the formula to all cells in the selection
automatically. You dont need to refer that in your formula. Just select the
cells say I2:I82 and enter these formulas in CF conditions

=AND(I2<"",I2<0.95)
Formatting is Red

=(I2=0.95)
Formating is Green

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You dont need a third condition...

Just the formula
=I20.95
is enough

OR
=AND(I2<"",I2=0.95)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
just change the 2nd condition to

=AND(I2<"",I20.95)
Formating is green

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more followup. I was hoping to apply these conditions only to selected
cells. I did so using a filter on Column I. But I see that the conditions
were applied to all the cells in column I. My criteria will be different
based on the customer noted in Column E.

e.g.

Customer A, 95
Customer B, 85
Customer C, 90

Thanks,

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value. These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Blank cells would not turn green with the condition =I20.95
but you would get green if the cell contains a string, even the zero length
string =""
--
David Biddulph

"Go Bucks!!!" wrote:

I need to conditionally format cells based on their value.
These values are
in percent. I want the following conditional formating rules:

blank = no formating, <95% Red, 95% Green

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got my answer.

The formula is...

=OR(AND(I2<"",E2=$K$5,I2=$O$5),AND(I2<"",E2=$K$ 6,I2=$O$6),AND(I2<"",E2=$K$7,I2=$O$7),AND(I2<" ",E2=$K$8,I2=$O$8),AND(I2<"",E2=$K$9,I2=$O$9),A ND(I2<"",E2=$K$10,I2=$O$10))

whe I has the data, E has the company name, and K and O are the company
and performance target criteria.

works great. I put the I2<"" into all formulas to keep from getting the
green in blank cells.

Thanks all!