Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change date in excel from today to original date of file

I have an invoices created in Excel 2003 that automatically fills in today's
date when I open the invoice. However, every time I open that invoice at some
future date, for example to record payment, the date changes to the current
date. Is there a way to lock the original date, say after printing so that
the original date of the invoice is always displayed?
I see a lot of chatter on the web about VB solutions but dont understand
any of it.
Thanks, Nelson.