Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create/modify date for specific sheets?

Hi,

Is there a way to find out the create date or modify date for specific
sheets in a workbook?

TIA,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope... You can build something in via macros but it is a bit of work.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Steve Vincent" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to find out the create date or modify date for specific
sheets in a workbook?

TIA,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

Steve has an interesting question!

Jim,
that is correct, but do you really think this can be done with macro?
unless this is stored within the raw file itself and if we could some how
read the raw file to figure it out, because i don't see any property or
method which gives this information.

-kc

"Steve Vincent" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to find out the create date or modify date for specific
sheets in a workbook?

TIA,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nothing is fool proof in macros but using the change event and the On
Open/Before Close events we can monitor the state of the file.

Use the change event to track updates to existing / new sheets.

On open inventory the existing sheets. On close write any changes to the
sheet inventory. This is only really necessary if we want to track sheets
that get deleted.

If I were doing it I would write the Created / Last Changed dates metadata
to named ranges that are local to each sheet. Additionally I would probably
track the username that made the changes. Deleted sheets would be store in
application level named ranges. Or the metadata can be sotred in a very
hidden sheet but that is actually a shade more work.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson