-   -   Copying data from multiple file into one file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242969-copying-data-multiple-file-into-one-file.html)

nsd

Copying data from multiple file into one file

Hello,

I have around 150 files having same Column headings and around 200 records
under rows.

I want to creat one big file to have all the records from these 150 files.
Is there a easy way to do that ?

Please advise and thanks for help.
Dinesh

Ron de Bruin

Copying data from multiple file into one file

Hi nsd

Is there a easy way to do that ?

Install this add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"nsd" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have around 150 files having same Column headings and around 200 records
under rows.

I want to creat one big file to have all the records from these 150 files.
Is there a easy way to do that ?

Please advise and thanks for help.
Dinesh

nsd

Copying data from multiple file into one file

Thank you so very much. It saved me big time.

I have a quick question though. The file generates 2 sheets namely "Combine
Sheet and "Log Sheet". Do i need to keep it that way or I can delete the log
sheet and the Column A of Combine sheet, as it has the name/location of files.

Please advise. And thanks once again.
Dinesh

"nsd" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have around 150 files having same Column headings and around 200 records
under rows.

I want to creat one big file to have all the records from these 150 files.
Is there a easy way to do that ?

Please advise and thanks for help.
Dinesh

Ron de Bruin

Copying data from multiple file into one file

The log sheet is only info so you can delete that

and the Column A of Combine sheet, as it has the name/location of files.

You can turn this of on the userform

--

"nsd" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have around 150 files having same Column headings and around 200 records
under rows.

I want to creat one big file to have all the records from these 150 files.
Is there a easy way to do that ?

Please advise and thanks for help.
Dinesh

nsd

Copying data from multiple file into one file

Ok got it Sir.

Thank you very much for this help. Really appreciate it.

Dinesh