Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel counting empty cells until first filled one

Hello, I need to count how many empty cells there are before hitting first cell with data, I guess there is a way to make a code, macro for this...

Thanks

Rafael

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rafael,

Sub TryNow()
Dim myR As Range
Set myR = Range("A2")

If myR.Value = "" Then
MsgBox Range(myR, myR.End(xlDown)(0)).Rows.Count
Else
MsgBox "No blank rows"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

<Rafael Martinez wrote in message ...
Hello, I need to count how many empty cells there are before hitting first cell with data, I guess
there is a way to make a code, macro for this...

Thanks

Rafael

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about this

assuming your range is in A2 to A10,
=COUNTBLANK(A2:A10)
or

=COUNTIF(A2:A10,"")

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis