Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data validation list box help

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think what you are seeing is the DV automatically position the list with
the last selected item.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"LTOSH" wrote in message
When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only way I can see is to clear the value out first.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"LTOSH" wrote in message
When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar
is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take
my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Remove the blank cells from the bottom of the list range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:06:02 -0700, LTOSH
wrote:

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sorry...i guess i'm not understanding what i need to do.
I opened the worksheet that has all the columns and am not sure what it is
i'm to delete. For example...i have column 1 and there are about 10 cells of
information.
then of course blank cells after that for input if needed. I went in and
highlighted from the first blank cell and just pulled mouse down and then hit
delete.
i went back into my workout to test the drop down and it is still the same.

What am i not doing?
I'm sorry i'm nuts...just can't figure it out.
Thanks!

wrote:

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Data ValidationAllowList you have a source for your list.

Assume you have selected a range like =A1:A20

If there are blank cells at the end of the list range.............say
A15:A20, your list will open at the first blank cell.

Remove those cells from your list range.

Make it A1:A14

Gord

wrote:

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I looked at the information you provided....here is what I have under my Data
Validation...List..then under souce is =Categories.
The 'categories' is from a worksheet named 'exercises'.
It does not have a list range as you described.

The second column on my workout sheet i have a data validation and the
information under source is =indirect(a5)...which refers to the information i
was describing at the top.

Anythoughts?

wrote:

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Categories would be a named range from worksheet "Exercises"

Have a look under InsertNameDefine.

What range does Categories refer to?

Gord

wrote:

When I click on the drop down curser to pull up my list, the scroll bar is
about middle ways on the bar and does not show my list, i have to take my
mouse and scroll up to the beginning of list.

How can i have the list to show correctly???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand your reply.

In the refer to: dialog box what do you see when you select the name
"Categories"

Can you copy and paste it here?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP